Everyone will spend eternity somewhere. I am on my way to Heaven and I want you to go with me. The Bible tells us that a person can know that they have eternal life and a home in Heaven.
There are four things you must understand and accept if you want to know that you are on your way to Heaven:
1. God cannot accept you into Heaven the way you are. God is holy and no sin will be allowed in His presence. The Bible says that every person is a sinner and separated from God by their sin. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23
2. If you are not on your way to Heaven, then you are on your way to Hell. The Bible says a person will spend eternity in one of those two places. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23, “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.” Revelation 20:14
3. Jesus died for you on the cross of Calvary and paid your sin debt, so that you can go to Heaven. They took Jesus off the cross and buried Him in a borrowed tomb, but He arose from the dead on the third day, demonstrating that God had accepted His sacrifice as payment in full for the sins of the whole world. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.“ Romans 5:8 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” I Corinthians 15:3-4
4. The only way to know that you are on your way to Heaven is to believe that Jesus died for your sins, repent of your sins, and accept Him as your Saviour.* The Bible says Jesus is the only way to Heaven. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.“ John 3:16 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.“ Romans 10:9-10 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. “ Romans 10:13
* To feel regret for your sins, turn from them, and turn to Christ.
If you will believe what the Bible says and accept Jesus as your Saviour, God will forgive your sins and give you a home in Heaven. Pray this prayer right now from your heart: “Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. I am asking You right now to forgive me of my sins and I am asking Jesus to come into my life and be my Saviour. Thank You for giving me eternal life. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen!”